Properties.
 
St Mary's Church, Kirkee

As the growth of Christian families were increasing in the area of rang hills (kirkee) due to many workers working in ammunition factories the father of The Society of St. Johnís the Evangelist Panch how, brought a two storied house on rent in August 1915 for the purpose of school & prayer room. The astonishing thing is that it was let to them by a Hindu at a reduced rent of 20 pounds a year because it was going to be used for mission purpose as the funds were available in the year 1925 St. Maryís Church was constructed by the S.S.J.E.

Father for the church service & other work used to come from Panch Howd Mission House, The Fathers who have served here are Rev Dawle from 1934 to 1935, Rev Sawant From 1934 to 1940 Rev C.S. Gadkari from 1940 to 1958 Rev. Rangaswami from 1958 to 1959 many other persist also served in this church.

 


Send mail to info@ BDTA.net with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2004 The BDTA Pvt Ltd.
Last modified: March 08, 2004

 

 
Designed and Maintained by Star creations© copyrighted to The BDTA Pvt. Ltd..