Properties.
 
St. Mathew’s Church, Pune.

St. Mathew's church is situated in the camp area of Pune on 19-Ambedkar road. The foundation of this church was laid on 29th September 1893, during that period the Rev. Appajji Bapuji Yardi of S.P.G. Mission took incentive part in forming of this beautiful small church

Rev. Appaji Bappuji Yardi & Mr. Raoji Jadhav & the other members of this church collected a donation of Rs. 25000/- from the congregation and purchased the required land for the church and after that they started the construction work of this church. The expenses for the total construction of this church were Rs. 7000/-

The foundation stone of this church was laid by Mrs. Milan in presence of the bishop of Bombay Rt. Rev. Louise George Myle.

The church structure is of the early English gothic style architecture. The capacity of the church was about 150 members and then the members were increased to 200 & the church was not sufficient for the members then in 1901 the church building was extended to right & left side. The priest who have severed here are Rev. Appaji Yardi (1893 to 1894) Rev. Louis Joshi (1994 to 1996  Rev. Shridhar Suryawanshi (1907 to 1925) & many other.

 


Send mail to info@ BDTA.net with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2004 The BDTA Pvt Ltd.
Last modified: March 08, 2004

 

 
Designed and Maintained by Star creations© copyrighted to The BDTA Pvt. Ltd..