Properties.
 
Holy Trinity Church, Purandar.

An outstation from Pune 24 miles away is Purandhar a link in the chain of old Maratha hill fortresses which kept watch and ward over Pune before the British Raj. It was a military convalescent sanitarium during the British government period. The beautiful little garrison church of holy Trinity was consecrated in 1865, it is an English architecture style constructed building it has unexpected ivy on its walls. It is associated with the memory of lord Frederick Fitzclarence, a cousin of queen Victoria, who was commandant of the Bombay army and died in Purandhar in 1854 

 


Send mail to info@ BDTA.net with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright 2004 The BDTA Pvt Ltd.
Last modified: March 08, 2004

 

 
Designed and Maintained by Star creations© copyrighted to The BDTA Pvt. Ltd..