Properties.
 
Holy Cross Church, Mumbai.

The Church of the Holy Cross constructed at Umarkhadi was completed in December, 1898. It was built from the donations given by an anonymous lady donor in 1897. It was constructed by the Fathers of the Society of St. John the Evangelist, "when it became evident that a permanent and visible Church was necessity, not only for the benefit of the existing congregation, but in order that the mission of the Cowley Fathers should take a more aggressive position as an agent for the conversion of the heathen."

The site chosen for the church was not a particularly good one since the road was close by and therefore very noisy. The Church when constructed looked impressive with its imposing western portico surmounted by the bell cupole and lofty. Our Trust Association has  renovated this Church  completely with roof repairs, painting and new windows at a cost 5,30,000/-.


Send mail to info@BDTA.net with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright 2004 The BDTA Pvt Ltd.
Last modified: March 08, 2004

 

 
Designed and Maintained by Star creations© copyrighted to The BDTA Pvt. Ltd..